The attorneys at The Law Offices of Keith L. Howard, PLLC represent clients in civil rights matters in North Carolina, South Carolina, Washington, D.C., and Maryland. The attorneys at The Law Offices of Keith L. Howard, PLLC advocate for individuals and groups that have been discriminated against by governmental actors (i.e., public school employees, police officers, federal government employees, etc.) through lawsuits and settlement negotiations.
Our law office is here to support you if any of your civil rights have been violated based on characteristics such as race, ethnicity, religion, gender or disability. The Law Offices of Keith L Howard, PLLC handles cases of Civil Rights violations including:
- Teacher, principal or staff abuse of public school students (i.e., emotional or physical abuse of children by teachers or school administrators, school police officer abuse of children, etc.);
- Discrimination against children and adults with disabilities in public schools and public institutions;
- Unlawful restraints, seclusion or isolation of children in public schools;
- Discrimination against persons because of their gender or the gender they associate with;
- Discrimination against persons because of their race or ethnicity;
- Unreasonable searches and seizures of persons by police officers or other government officials;
- Cruel and unusual punishment by police officers or other government officials;
- Unlawful uses of force causing injury or death by police officers or other government officials;
- Vehicle pursuits causing injury or death;
- In-custody assaults causing serious injury or death;
- In-custody suicides;
- Malicious prosecutions;
- Unlawful incarceration; and/or
- Equal protection violations by government officials.
If you believe your civil rights have been violated, call us today at 1-800-341-3931 or complete an initial consultation form.